Invitations express the theme of your event. Decorations and party favors set the mood. Do not settle for items that are not perfect. Let me design your perfect invitations, decorations and party favors for you.

Sunday, October 19, 2014

Manly Man Themed Party

I wanted to throw an amazing 40th birthday party for my husband but I wanted it to be something that fit his personality. I looked around the house and wondered what he would use if he was going to have men over. I found a black sharpie, duct tape and cardboard... I started designing!
 
I cut cardboard as the base of the invitation. Printed the information on white cardstock in a font that resembled a man's handwriting. Attached the cardstock to the cardboard with duct tape. Hint: do not use cheap duct tape, it will not stay attached to the cardboard.

Because I used cardboard it was to thick to put in envelopes so I wrapped them in brown butcher paper and wrapped duct tape around them. I used the same font on the labels from the invitations and placed them on the butcher paper like my husband would (no detail to being straight).
I picked out food that my husband would have picked, all finger foods. I used cardboard and duct tape to label the items with a black sharpie to describe the foods. I also covered the tables with the brown butcher paper and used duct tape to adhere it. I even used the duct tape as a "table runner" down the center of the tables. You can even use the duct tape to make place mats for the guests. Cheap duct tape will not stay adhered to the butcher paper.
Everyone needs a birthday sign. Once again, I used cardboard, duct tape and a black sharpie to write the message.



No comments:

Post a Comment